Friday, May 25, 2007

Things I Enjoyed About Asheville

I'm back from my honeymoon. Wedding went great (though if you want my recommendations of who not to use for certain aspects of your wedding, talk to me in person and I will be glad to give you dirt). We went to Asheville, NC for our honeymoon. Here's some things I enjoyed:


  • Willow Winds Cabins is the most friendly and quiet cabin grounds ever! They have movies (VHS and DVD) available in the office for you to check out. We also were given coupons and a list of recommendations for local dining (no chains). We added a "Romance Package" and it didn't cost a thing! We absolutely recommend it.

  • While in Asheville you must go to Southside Cafe (You must order the homemade pimento cheese spread for an appetizer - you won't regret it!) and Amici Trattoria (Yummo Italian at it's best. We ordered Pan-Fried Mozarella, Zupa Di Pesce, and Spiral Pasta).

  • Our carriage ride around the Biltmore Estate was wonderful. However a sudden storm a few weeks ago took out the gardens. So, instead we enjoyed...

  • The North Carolina Arboretum. Very beautiful and quite serene. There were so many things I enjoyed about this place; I wish we could have spent more time there. There were tons of trails that you could hike (most easy or moderate). The gardens were absolutely gorgeous. A stream garden, quilt garden...You could easily just slip away into bliss. I loved the Bonsai (pronounced bone-sai not bahn-sai, a common mistake I found I was guilty of) exhibit the most. In fact, I loved it so much that I'm now inspiried to take up the art form. Jason bought me a book and our goal is for the bonsai to make it one year.

  • Temps were in the 70's and they called it their "hot weather." What a dream!

  • No humidity. Also, no mosquitos. Those of you who know me real well know that this is a huge deal.

  • Historic Biltmore Village is pretty neat with some great places to eat and shop.

There's so much more; I will have to share more later. Check back soon for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...