Wednesday, May 30, 2007

How to Eat Fried Worms

When I was in 4th grade I met Mrs. Albritton. She was my favorite elementary school teacher. What I loved about Mrs. Albritton was that she did things different. Every class I had been in read us Charlotte's Web after lunch. Mrs. Albritton was different. She read us a wonderful book called How to Eat Fried Worms. It's a story about a little boy who moves to a new town and, to save face, accepts a bet to eat 10 worms in one day by 7:00 p.m. If he doesn't do it, he has to come to school with worms in his pants. This is a boy who has a tendency to throw up over the littlest things, so making a dumb bet like this could be humiliating and detrimental to his reputation.


While checking out my Netflix recommendations, I came across a movie version of the book. It is so great! What a wonderful family movie. I highly recommend it. No foul language, no perverse humor...unless you get grossed out by worms, this movie is good, clean fun. And, no worms were harmed in the making of the film. Watching the movie brought back so many great memories of 4th grade - my favorite grade ever!


Friedworms_2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...