Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Do Not Talk to My Parrot

Here's another great email I wanted to share with you:

Wanda's dishwasher quit working, so she called a repairman. Since she had to go to work, she told the repairman, "I'll leave a key under the mat. Fix the dishwashwer, leave the bill on the counter, and I'll mail you a check.


Oh, and by the way, don't worry about my bulldog Spike. He won't bother you. But, whatever you do, do NOT under ANY circumstances talk to my parrot!


I REPEAT, DO NOT TALK TO MY PARROT!!!!"


When the repairman arrived at Wanda's apartment, he discovered the biggest, meanest looking bulldog he had ever seen. But, just as Wanda had said, the dog simply laid there on the carpet watching the repairman go about his work.


The parrot, however, drove him nuts the whole time with his incessant yelling, cursing, and name calling. Finally the repairman couldn't contain himself any longer and yelled, "Shut up, you stupid, ugly bird!"


To which the parrot replied, "Get him, Spike!"

As I read this amusing email, I was reminded of the fact that life throws challenges at us. We are simply called to be patient through those challenges. And, at this time in my life, I am being challenged. Granted, nothing bad is happening to me. In fact, I'm a few days away from becoming Mrs. Jason Sheffield - an event that truly brings me joy. But with it comes the stress of finalizing everything for the wedding, an attempt to create a normal living space, and not to mention an strenuous and fast paced job. At this time in my life I'm expected to be Superwoman. I'm expected to remain completely sane (and in a great mood) while juggling everything. Kind of hard. So, I'm just going to be patient and wait for May 12th to come. After that I'll be enjoying Asheville, North Carolina with my best friend and new husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...