Sunday, June 28, 2009

Use your stash: *Thinking of You* card

One thing I love about scrapbooking is all the new stuff that comes out. Companies are constantly introducing new embellishments, papers, and other goodies. The visual inspiration is endless.

But, who has that kind of money to spend? Especially in times like these, when the economy isn't being friendly to everyone, purchasing the latest and greatest items isn't always feasible. So, lately I've been using my stash up.

This week I'm making cards and layouts using my stash. No new products. Over the next few days I'm  showing a series of cards I made using one kit from Memory Works. I have a couple of older kits that I never used, so before using any of my new Studio Calico kits I figured I better clear out my stash. These papers came from the August kit. They really aren't my style (probably why I didn't use them) but I found a way to make them work.

Here's the card for today:

*Thinking of You* card

*Thinking of You* card up close

Supplies used: Cardstock (Prism); Patterned Paper (Prima); Stamp (Hero Arts); Ink (Memories); Pen (American Crafts); Ribbon

Here's what the paper looked like before I cut it. It's from Prima's Dude collection. Great paper for all things boys...full of fun and whimsy. But, not exactly my style. I love the doodled look, but it really didn't fit with any layout ideas I had.


But, I couldn't waste a great patterned paper, so I cut individual circles out, layered them on the card, and anchored it with ribbon and dots.

Your challenge this week is to make a card or layout using all older supplies, nothing new. I ended up making ten cards from one kit, with loads of paper and embellishments to spare.

Come back tomorrow for another card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...