Thursday, March 14, 2013

Project Life 2013: Week One

Project Life 2013: Week #1

One thing I have found over time is that I prefer one album per year. When I did Project 365 in 2010, I ended up needing two albums to hold 52 weeks worth of pictures (two page spread per week). I'm not a math major, but my brain quickly figured out that by the time I was 50, I would need a library to hold my albums.

The best way I found to combat this was to devote only one page per week. That means when I look at an open spread, I am seeing two weeks at a time. Honestly, this works fine for me. Most of the time I don't have enough stuff happen within a week to fill two pages. On weeks when a lot happens (for example, Hugh's birthday), I can add inserts with more photos.

I used the Simon Says Stamp January 2013 card kit for papers. Like I mentioned in my cover page post, I'm not using a designated PL kit, but instead using up my stash. I like the freedom this affords me. But, if you simply want to show photos and journaling, a kit is the easiest way to go.

Project Life 2013: Week #1

This is the backside of that beautiful lace transparency. I punched a circle out of the paper included in the kit. To cover up the hearts on the other side, I glued down some foam glitter stars from the craft aisle.

Project Life 2013: Week #1

I'm obsessed with sequins and glitter right now, so I created a pocket containing my goals for 2013. To keep the pocket closed (and the glitter and sequins in), I sewed down the side. I ended up sewing down the side of all the pockets because I have trouble with pictures falling out of the sleeves on this particular design.

A few more pics...

Project Life 2013: Week #1

Project Life 2013: Week #1

I love the wood veneer shapes from Freckled Fawn. And those October Afternoon alphas? One in every color please.

Project Life 2013: Week #1

I bought some cute glitter paper lamps that Hugh promptly destroyed. Eh, oh well. So I cut it up and used it in my album! I swiped my black ink pad along a portion of the paper to mimic my New Year's Eve manicure.

Project Life 2013: Week #1

Did I mention my current obsession with glitter? Another pocket to include tinsel from New Year's Eve, plus a mixture of white gold and silver Martha Stewart glitter. And, since I had forgotten my dates on my week card, I glued it on top of the glitter card.

Thanks for looking!


Simon Says Stamp offers a monthly card kit that includes one exclusive stamp set and other goodies. Experienced card makers have carefully chosen each product to coordinate and inspire you on a card making journey.  Each kit includes a wide variety of supplies--enough to keep you creating for hours! You'll also receive an email with 6 project ideas using the items in the kit. All of this right to your doorstep every single month. Find out more here.




Project Life is a solution-based approach to scrapbooking that was created by Becky Higgins to simplify the process in order to allow you more time to enjoy life! 
This back-to-basics approach to scrapbooking appeals to the person who's never made a scrapbook in their life as well as those with experience because it allows you to feel the freedom that comes from letting go of the "guilt" that so many associate with the memory keeping process. Find out more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...