Monday, March 11, 2013

Project Life 2013: Cover Page

I absolutely love Project Life. It has totally revolutionized the way I scrapbook. I used to have stacks and stacks of photos printed, waiting to be scrapbooked. And I felt like a complete failure, like I wasn't getting my story told. Yes, I was guilty of over complicating documenting your story.

Then, along came Becky Higgins and her *little* thing called Project Life. I could get as creative or as simple as I chose. The main idea was telling my story. If you haven't heard of Project Life before, check out this video.

Now, back to this year's album. I've done a great job of staying on task, however I haven't done such a great job of sharing them with you guys. Oops. Sorry about that.

I decided instead of buying a core kit, I would use up my stash. (However, I just might have to get a PL kit because the new kits coming out in May are beautiful!) I found a beautiful lace transparency at Michaels. I also picked up a patterned paper kit in the $1 bin section and was immediately drawn to that gorgeous rose paper.

Project Life 2013: Cover Page

For each family member's initial I used leftover American Craft stickers that were a little too large for most of my projects.

Project Life 2013: Cover Page

I love this stamp from Simon Says Stamp's January card kit. So perfect for an opening page, don't you think?

Project Life 2013: Cover Page

There's that fabulous rose paper that drew my eye. I used my silhouette to cut out the S and 2013 text. I used Impact font and simply typed it into the silhouette software. Nothing fancy. I backed the paper with some kraft paper included in the kit but decided the text didn't stand out enough, so I outlined it with a white paint pen.

Project Life 2013: Cover Page

I also wanted to include the bathroom people, so I put one for each of us. That was a file I purchased years ago from the Silhouette store, and I typed "the story of us" and cut it out as well.

Project Life 2013: Cover Page

I love the pictures I used for each of us. I had a hard time finding one I like of just me. I need to get in front of the camera more.

Project Life 2013: Cover Page

I've taken pictures of Week 1-6, and I'll share those soon!


Project Life is a solution-based approach to scrapbooking that was created by Becky Higgins to simplify the process in order to allow you more time to enjoy life! This back-to-basics approach to scrapbooking appeals to the person who's never made a scrapbook in their life as well as those with experience because it allows you to feel the freedom that comes from letting go of the "guilt" that so many associate with the memory keeping process. Find out more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...